Sunday, 31 October 2010

Home Day 10 LAST DAY till end Nov !

Have had great tIme at home ! haven't really left the house, and have had to make three mid-week return trips to the hospital ( blood test, hickman line and dressing replacement - hmmmm, thought that yellow stain of iodine & sweat was something more worrying !), but otherwise it's been blissful !

Dare I say, too blissful - can't believe I have a district nurse coming round to administer a 'pre-chemo injection' and tomorrow at 10 they're gonna be pouring that 'domestos' into me again. Anyway, guess I just have to keep reminding myself that the illness is most clearly expressed on a laboratory slide !

Well, certainly blissful anyway, some lovely sunny days of golden leaves and fading blooms, endless delicious breakfasts, lunches, teas, suppers and snacks (seem to have gone some way towards repairing my 'chicken arse') and great company with visits from neighbours, friends and family that has filled my days with great conversation, feelings of great positivity and enough recent memories to keep me warm for the next month.

BIG THANK YOU to everyone who I've seen, spoken to, those I've missed who have left messages and for the txts, emails, cards, gifts, CAKES and packages that have enriched my week !

3 comments:

  1. Warm greetings to you and sorry for the silence. Work problems/deadlines/boring stuff and no excuse for not posting a few lines. Saw Penny Hudd on Sunday who sends you her warmest wishes as do we.
    Where are you? Are you still at home? Can I visit? Anyway give me a steer when/where and if you still have large stocks of those quality British biscuits. Love to you. Catherinex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you have had a lovely time at home.
    The colours this autumn have been fantastic, I managed to catch a photo of a double rainbow :)
    I am sending you lots of love and light to help you through the next phase of your treatment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i missed coming to see you si. the sniffle turned into a runny nose and sore throat so didn't want to infect you in anyway and thought staying away was probrably the best thing. glad to hear you had loads of rest at home and got fattened up for the next phase. best of luck with part two. stay stong si, you've made it this far and doing really well. you're both in my thoughts and i wish you love and masses of hugs.
    Zaridaxxx

    ReplyDelete