Tuesday, 5 October 2010

All part of the 'flattening' apparently !

Feel a bit uncomfortable reporting this, when I know you'd prefer to think of me sitting in bed like Joan Collins with a big box of chocs and a martini, but I guess I'm being swayed by the Chemo now with my energies diminished and management of a virus ongoing.

Even the wound in my nose keeps popping open, so I've had three nosebleeds this morning (and I never even touched it !, but am becoming expert in stemming flow within 10minutes with a firn grip to the bridge and head tilted forward). Hopefully the second bag of platelettes should help !

So my wonderful Dr. Has assured me that everything is available to support me, and that I should feel confident in treatments and care that I am undergoing which are the 'bread and butter' of a Haematology Ward.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your going through a bit of a slump at the moment, but I guess things are expected to get worse before getting better, just part of the whole treatment package unfortunately :(
    keep posting your updates and getting support to see you through it, know that you have lots of people rooting for you. :)
    And remember its in the darker passages of our life we need to hold our own hand and pull ourselves through.
    sending love and light xx
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay strong si..we're all behind you and you're in my thoughts constantly. im getting the 'Team Simon' tees printed soon too..Dai is getting the slim fitting small one..! (gotta keep the nurses entertained!)
    big hugs si
    also sending you love and healing white light
    Zaridaxxx

    ReplyDelete