....bit of a waiting game this week, the Dr.'s are assessing the effects of the reduction of the antibiotics in order to agree a 'discharge date', I'm waiting for a bone marrow sample to be drawn at 3.00, and I'm hoping that the 'obs and bloods' continue to reflect the successful trajectory of my 'restoration'.
Meanwhile Dai is preoccupied with Dilly's condition, which he thinks is inconsistent and has deteriorated. So while we are indebted to our treasured neighbour for accommodating Brecon while I am at home, he thinks that inconsistent appetite, need for high doses of painkillers and loss of bladder control are more than we can burden anyone else with.
I have agreed that it might be timely to ask the vet to come to the house to avoid protracting the situation unnecessarily. We have had almost two months since the diagnosis at the end of August and in that time there has been an opportunity for lots of friends and family to spend a little time with her. Ultimately though she is not going to get any better and we have shared the best part of an amazing twelve years with her. We will miss her terribly.
So very sorry about Dilly, Si. As you know I have been looking through old photos over the last few days and I have come across loads of Dilly and Brecon on the many Highland adventures we shared - the walks on so many beautiful beaches, in woods, around lochs and along the canal to watch the sunset - her encounter with Torty in my parents' garden - her bouncing delight at getting off the sleeper. Such a special, special doggy. xx
ReplyDeleteJust popping in, to send some very big hugs, sounds like you will need them after your bone marrow test, and the news about Dilly :(
ReplyDeleteLets hope the doctors have good news for you and let you home to be with Dai, this is a very sad time for both of you on top of what you are going through physically.
(((((((((((((Si)))))))))
(((((((((((((Dai))))))))
((((((((((((Dilly)))))))
All the best with the bone marrow sample thingy and your release date!... Dilly... What can I say to make it better? Bugger all I've come up with! Ever so sorry to hear about Dilly. You are right to be making the decision you are taking even though it's got to be the hardest one you've made thus far. I don't think it wouldn't be fair on her either to "move home" in her twilight years. Poor Dilly! Poor you two! Thinking of you! And sending MASSES of love (obviously) XxXx The Splott lot.
ReplyDeletefond dog walking memories
ReplyDeletegoodness life is throwing some slings and arrows
love to you and dai x
so sorry to hear of dilly si...love and hugsxx
ReplyDelete