Monday, 18 October 2010

Getting my Break, Home later this week!

My specialist came to see me at 5.00 yesterday to confirm the latest blood test results, which revealed that my Neutrophils were up to 1.3,showing a day on day improvement and that on that basis they were confident about reducing the antibiotics and sending me home for a break later in the week.

I have to have a bone marrow test sometime over the next couple of days to determine the treatment for the next month when I return (1st November all being well) for INDUCTION Month 2, but otherwise can enjoy 10 days at home with just a couple of return visits to the hospital to check I'm ok.

There are a wholle set of conditions attached to the return, which include no public transport, no kids, no-one with an infection and no dogs, which of course presents the greatest complication, but it will be a relief to be freed from the routine of drugs, obs and tests. I don't quite know how I'm going to feel about welcoming friends to the house yet, so will probably see how things feel when I get there and let you know.

And of course this concludes just the first part of my adventure. The second INDUCTION should be only 8 days and the risks easier to determine now that I've been through it once, but then there's the bone marrow transplant which will not be be carried out here and the stabilisation period following that, so there's still some distancecto travel.

3 comments:

  1. Still one heck of a journey ahead, as you say but so far (as far as I can tell) so good. GREAT news that you will be allowed home. There are tonnes of people that want to come and give you a "cwtch" in person I have no doubt but i'm sure I speak for us all, when I say "we understand it's best we don't... for now!" You can run but you can't hide, forever mind you! Masses of love from Splott XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi si, so happy to hear things are well enough for them to send you home for a bit!..woop woop..!!!..
    would love to come and see you but as you say..you'll see how it goes so no worries..just happy to hear the good news..sending you love and light
    Zaridaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news Si.
    home for a little break :)
    I hope you are able to have a little walk out in the autumn colours, will do you the world of good love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete