Saturday, 9 October 2010

Guess Who gets the very rare side effect ?

Since about 11.00 on Tuesday night I've been immobilised by a crippling pain at the top of my calf which has been diagnosed as a ruptured tendon (apparently a very rare side effect of one of the anti-biotics I've been on ), which has added to my experience in several ways. Firstly I've had an MRI scan on my leg and secondly I've had to accept all the intimacies of being bed-bound (commode and bed bath)

5 comments:

  1. Well at least you won't have time to be bored with all this extra "activity". Love you... I can relate to the lack of intimacy thingy with my child birth experience. EVERYONE it seemed had a prod and a good look at my private bits. Since then... I can't recall the last time I had a shower, bath or a private moment in the bathroom without a little person joining me. We now often have family meetings in the bathroom. Smallest, smelliest room in the house - but there you go! Such is life in Splott Cottage. Sending you masses of love from there. The cottage that is, not the bathroom! (this time)... Lynf & boys XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Si,
    Don't know quite why you have got the boot in for puddings lately. As it's apple season I think I'm eating more of them than you at the mo. Eleven trees do create lots. I've gone through the ending the day with a few apples and cheese routine, shy'd clear of eating them Au Naturel in case my front tooth chips AGAIN, and am now on the apple cake ---4oz sugar, butter and flour; two eggs, diced plupy apples and a dash of cinnamon. Except I do twice as much. Think I'm becoming rounder than you.
    Bees fine, out all day but dropping and crash landing on return, worn out as the wind is a bit strong.
    Planted the small border (between the gravel square bit and the lawn (lawn side of the little wall))with wallflowers, and got loads of wood in, and painted the outer wall of the kitchen (facing church) with waterproof sealant). Phew, think I'll have some more Apple cake. . .
    Love to Dai.
    and loads to you. X X X X X X X X XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, beside undergoing the commode and bed bath, I hope you are still brushing those teeth yourself. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello loveliness,
    That is weird!
    Hope you'll be up for some chi exercises when I come.
    Bundles of autumn twiggy love
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Si
    sorry to hear you have been in pain, big hugs ((((Si))))
    hope your asking for enough pain killers.
    If you fancy a laugh pop over to my blog and watch the last video posted there, it had me in stitches :D
    Sean sends his love xx
    I have spent the day scrubbing my quarry tiles getting them ready for re-grouting and sealing, I tell you what this party girl knows how to spend a Saturday night ;) :)
    love and light xxx Kay C

    ReplyDelete