Saturday, 6 November 2010

Strange Days

IV Chemo free day, (only Lenograstin subcutaneous injection mid-day) so should be feeling relieved, but anxious about how and when the 'flattening' will start to express itself and uncomfortable being 'locked up' in hospital when I'm 'feelin' ok' on a beautiful Autumn day. it doesn't help that there's only a couple of regular staff on duty, so a few unfamiliar faces around.....

Comforting myself with some tea and biscuits, have done a couple of emails and watched all 'Saturday Kitchen' on telly. Can't actually believe how many cooking programmes I have watched, considering my fussy palette, diminished appetite and post-chemo vomiting !! Think I'm just enjoying reminding myself about all of the lovely things there are to eat when I get out of here......mind you that hasn't stopped me including battered sausage and chips with Elva & Hannah on my list of things to look forward to in 2011 !

1 comment:

  1. ... Not to mention the sloe gin s...l...o...w...l...y getting its self ready for your release! I MAY have to hide it from myself. It's looking good!
    The word "Flattening" really doesn't sound as if it gives the experience justice - or does it? Masses of love XxXx

    ReplyDelete