Sunday, 7 November 2010

Strange Days II ( ie Sunday)

Finally, completely Chemo free day, no sickness last night and feeling fine ! Got two side salads (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) with the rest of the inedible supper last night, so with six saches of salad cream to satisfy my vinegar taste buds and some tasty chessey snacks that Dai brought in with him I managed to have a good supper.

Yesterday was a strange day though. Thankfully one of my regular nurses was looking after me (obs, food, linen, etc.), because the senior and bank nurses seemed to be in a spin and when I did have the opportunity to talk to them (bloods, meds, etc.) they were saying how overwhelmed they were by the amount of responsibility they had to shoulder between them. Unfortunately the fallout from this did include me, so when my Hickman didn't 't seem to running well ( actually caused by a loop in the pipe held in the sticking plaster pouch being pulled round on itself and restricting the flow) the nurse just mumbled and walked away, and it wasn't until a member of the night team came into my room with oral meds at 9:50, that I was finally able receive one med that had been signed as given in my record and the final subcutaneous injection that I had been asking for all day !

Thankfully my only disappointing experience so far, but I was pleased to see three of my regulars back in today - glad Dai remembered that weekly box of chocolates for them.

2 comments:

  1. Well done you, keeping up with all the medication. Blimey I know I wouldn't keep up! Then again, I guess that's your focus! Keep the team on their toes honey... Thinking of you and the roller coaster you are set to be on for the “flattening period”. Hang on tight especially on the bends!
    Did you see any fireworks through your window last night or forget it was all happening? We went to the village hall who put on a fabulous display. Liam was a little stressed about the bangs (slight ear infection I think) and Iojo has a chest infection and wanted to SIT DOWN! I had to ask him "who are and what have you done with my son?". So spent most of the display in the hall looking through the window at them... Sofa magnet got hold of me soon after that and Dunc and I attempted to watch a video (with our eyes closed).
    Sending MASSES of love (as always) Lynf and boys XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Putney. I keep reading your food updates and thinking.....can we ever run up some of my suppers Kingston way? It is 5 mins up the road?
    Thinking of you

    Love Catherine

    ReplyDelete