Friday, 5 November 2010

Finally !

Been quite tough this week for lots of reasons and even now not quite ready to represent the complexities of the' third chapter' here yet. Obviously the meeting at St. Georges was the most important event of the week and I have subsequently learned that the Transplant Team Doctor has described me as a GREAT CANDIDATE FOR TRANSPLANT. So.....I'll probably add more the Treatment page when I'm feeling more confident about the detail that has been described to me.

For now, here we are on the last day of EXTRA HEAVY CHEMO having returned to resume treatment at 10:00 on Monday morning. What a shock ! I had a great time at home and felt that I had successfully restored my physical and mental strength for the month ahead, in fact to such an extent that I had to keep reminding myself that I was ill ! And of course of have spent the last five days submitting myself to the institution and process :

Back in Side Room 1 - Settled now, pictures on wall, new mood lighting ordered and shower repair on it's way, but a horrible feeling going back in

Treatment - Timed treatment across five days has felt quite 'full on',( although of course nothing compared to the intensity of treatments when I was 'flattened' last time), comprise FLUDARABINE 30 min IV, LENOGRASTIN subcutaneous injection, IDA RUBICIN ( 3 days only) IV with saline, CYTARABINE 4hr IV and the same catalogue of supporting oral meds including anti-sickness IV and pills. Been sick at 6.30 each day, but apart from that and loosing my appetite around the same time..... let's just will the Chemo to do the job !

Hospital Food - oh no, can't face it ! Don't know whether it's loss of appetite or 'the return' after all the good food at home, but it has no appeal at all ! Really can't face anything 'soft' and have found myself ordering things that have crunch ( cream crackers, apple, etc) for some sensory stimulation. Holding out for success with today's fish and chips ( yes really ) but for now the PUDDING SCHEDULE is on hold.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those 5 days have gone fast, I gave blood today and asked about being put on the bone marrow donor list and was told I am already on it, which is good because you cant get on the list if you are over 45 but you can be on the list and donate up to 60 years of age. :)
    well I am off to an all night party tomorrow it's going to get messy, we are starting at 2pm, I look forward to partying when your well.
    love and light
    kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo lovely. My friend whose brother has been on your journey said food became quite a deal in that his taste buds changed and he got really strong cravings and this usually mild mannered man could be found yelling demanding TOMATO KETCHUP or some such thing!!!! So CREAM CRACKERS and CELERY to you toooooo!!! Hope you are getting some of this sun coming through your windows x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too... Being a REAL foodie I can't imagine being off my food. Even with a stomach bug i manage. "Fatty!". Hope you are managing to please your palet somehow honey. Batten down the hatches and hang on tight now. Why no puddings? Your choice or the boot camps instruction? Masses of love XxXx

    ReplyDelete