Friday, 12 November 2010

Neutropenia Day........

Getting REALLY BORED ! Neutropenia Day 4 and one week since my Chemo finished and while I'm so relieved not to be ill or experiencing any of the horrors of the first month, I am getting bored and counting the days till home week, and hours till visiting.

Just remembered that I was told I would probably get an infusion of platelets today, so at least I'll be hooked up and reminded that I'm Ill !

Listening to radio, doing blog and emails, and a little bit of Internet surfing, got book and sketchbooks (altho no motivation for those....), but what I want to do is get out of this room and go for a walk !

4 comments:

  1. it's cold - it's rainy - it's foul in fact - wish i wasn't still coughy or i would hop skip and jump in my sowester down the road to come cheer you up with one of our long chats about life and the universe. have you got skype?

    i'm thinking of going to see 'the kids are alright' shortly as far from being bored i have the opposite prob and am too full up and need to sit still for an hour or two (silly old life isn't it these oppositional juxtapositions - good name for a band)

    think on't that skype idea and i promise to get to you once ALL germs gone xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, its tough. And it seems a long time to all of us out here waiting to have you back again as well, but stay positive: boring is good.

    The walks, the freedom, and being custodian of your own body again will all be worth the wait. In the general scheme of things its a short enough time - and you have come so far. Over halfway now isn't it?

    Jac xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Si, glad to hear your not having any complications this time round, sorry to hear your bored, I am always up for a game of scrabble on FB if you fancy it.
    I play point and click adventure games on-line to kill time they are a good way to make 3 hours disappear, love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... Oh to be bored! As said - BORED is good. The fact that you are feeling well enough to go for a walk is brilliant. I took to my bed this afternoon when Liam has a nap - feel like I have flu on the way. Supposed to be out on the town with Elvy. Best get myself in shape! She won't have me ring in sick, i know...
    Masses of luv XxXx

    ReplyDelete