Decided to take a risk and 'order off menu' as it were.
I had been told that there were other menus to offer an alternative to the horrific (and exhausted) Neutropenic Menu. So instead of Asian Vegetarian or Halal I decided on Salmon and new potatoes from the Kosher menu. Not bad either, at least three times as much protein as what I had been fishing around for previously. With stuffed chicken for supper And an extra large bag of snacks on it's way, I'll soon make up the kilo I managed to loose over the past week !
Gosh ! two hours of '.Ramsays Best Restaurant' last night really didn't do me any good !
Simon I'm quite sure a cream tea would be just the thing. I really think you should reconsider the pudding schedule as well. But as long as you keep off those protein shakes you should be ok.
ReplyDeleteIf the nutritionists want to call me I think I am well placed to advise on keeping your weight up.
Is it really stuffed chicken for supper? or will it be a stuffed chicken eating the super?
Enjoy it anyway chook!
Jac xx
hi si, hope you've been enjoying some of the beautiful autumn colours on this sunny day..! xx
ReplyDeleteWell thank heaven for those alternative menus! Doesn't sound at all bad buddy...
ReplyDeleteOur news: Took a bouquet of flowers around to our (ex) Social worker at the adoption office today with a heartfelt "thank you" card. Iojo was still off school today and was hoping to be able to give Karen a hug and say “Thank you for my new brother. He’s gorgeous but sometimes a little chimp!” Sadly she wasn’t there but later sent a text saying:
“Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers, they are lovely. Your card brought a tear to my eye…It’s not very often in this job when you work on a case where you know in your heart that everything is perfect and just meant to be. But yours was just that and I am honoured and privileged to have played a part in that!”
Bless her! No wonder we love her really is it? Great to know she will continue to make other families complete but sad for us that we won’t have our weekly meetings with her anymore! …
Masses of love from us XxXx