Saturday, 20 November 2010

Finally !

those of you of a sensitive disposition may want to skip this post and move to the next, no seriously!!!

Last Saturday morning I was awoken by a pain in my bottom, and weekend nursing being what it is,( even getting them to get hold of a treatment for haemorrhoids seemed to be too much), I wasn't able to advance any diagnosis till Monday . Over those two days I realised that being comfortable and writing ( blog, texts, emails ) was a task that I could no longer undertake and I have spent the rest of the week resting on my side while my doctor and various nurses either cleaned or examined what appeared to be a peri-anal abscess.

Did I mention the pain, it's been agony !

It was decided that I should hvve an MRI scan of my pelvic region, which has confirmed the abscess, but also illustrated some swelling of neighbouring tissues, and a fistula ( erroneous link between tissue) which will need to be addressed once the antibiotics have targeted the swelling, which is the basic plan of action.

Did I mention the toilet, well I'll spare you from that horrific detail.

Did I mention the treatment ?

Fortunately there are no additional meds for this new complication, but as you might expect, it's occurrence directly relates to the pattern of 'flattening ' following the chemo, so it's hard to be confident about getting over it quickly ! So meanwhile the iv antibiotics, blood transfusions, platelets and salts continue, complemented with a whole suite of supporting meds as before.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww,ouch. Si That sounds really uncomfortable, I hope someone gets you a rubber ring to sit on
    ((((((((((((((((Si))))))))))))))))
    I hope you got my card, and I hope it made you giggle a bit :) :)

    love and light xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As horrible as thought that sounds, at least the experts got to the bottom of it.

    I'll get my coat.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete