Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Events, News, Progress.......surely not !

Amid the usual ( Internet, telly, emails, texts, obs & meds, etc), a call from THE TRANSPLANT TEAM at St Georges as a precursor to the Interdisciplinary Team Meeting between the specialists to confirm that I would be meeting with them once I had been discharged from Kingston. An MRI SCAN to assess whether the injury to my bowels has 'corrected' itself, and the SPECIALISTS ROUND (they're so pleased I had a good break and gained weight), to let me know that even though there is no transplant donor news, that they expect to have some more information regarding this by the end of the week and that the likely programme will be a home visit in 20 days for 3 - 4 weeks after which I would move to St Georges.

Pleased to know that the specialists are also keen that the fallout from the current treatment should not be so severe, ( having gone through what they describe as the toughest chemo available before Christmas !).

4 comments:

  1. good, good, good ( and a long sleep, some deep breathing, aconite and rescue remedy seems to have sorted me out) - think i was fighting some foul virus plus having a panic attack about the dawn start and commute - as long as the bug stays away i will definately see you at the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds great honey. Moving in the right direction. Well done surviving that last roller coaster Si. If the specialist tell you it's a tough one... Well, we knew you were made with a solid soul. Thank god! Buckle down fot the last hurdle...

    Masses of love XxXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. all sounds good si..fingers crossed too for the good news too about the transplant when they know more!!...well done making it this far!..love always..zaridaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the chemo is over for you. onwards and upwards, hope you get some good news on the transplant front.
    I am currently planning my Birthday party for next weekend, putting up sparkly lights and making up lots of beds and hoping the snow doesn't re-appear.
    Sean has had man flu and is now left with a barking cough and I am having to wear ear defenders.
    thinking of you daily and sending love and light xxx

    ReplyDelete