Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Thank You!

Thank you for all your emails and texts of good wishes for today, the first day of the last stage and the impending Bone Marrow Transplant.

The past 22 days at home have been increasingly wonderful. particularly compared with the previous visits which were impaired by general illness and incapacity. This time, the first week was significantly impacted upon by the news that Brecon had to have a lump removed at 18 hrs notice, and the second week dominated by the pre transplant meeting (transcript now received so I will post in menu on left) and various hospital visits. But since I got back in the van last Saturday, all seems to have returned to normal and we have had trips out every day, punctuated with visits at home which has all been wonderful ! Too wonderful ?

So here I am finally on the 'last leg', with a new Hickman Line (No. 3), and the sequence of IV cocktails already running !

I won't described the differences between here and Kingston in detail but as previously I have a single room, with what looks like an North East facing window (an internal view of the hospital), en suite shower & loo, fridge, phone and telly. Generally I think it all seems much more rigorous, protective and careful which should inspire our confidence for the next 5 weeks !

No comments:

Post a Comment